importance of Leica 35mm

groen-kikkertje

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm making a paper for school about photography but I don't really understand the importance of the Leica 35mm in 1913. Can anybody help me with that?

Thank you in advance :hail: and happy 2006 :hug:: !
groen-kikkertje

groen-kikkertje said:
I'm making a paper for school about photography but I don't really understand the importance of the Leica 35mm in 1913. Can anybody help me with that?

Thank you in advance :hail: and happy 2006 :hug:: !
groen-kikkertje

Hello,

Not much improtance at all if you consider the creation of the 35mm format a trivial occurance.;)

Have a look here:

http://www.leica-camera.com/unternehmen/historie/index_e.html

Fuddy

The true importance of the Leica was that it was the first practical 'miniature' camera.
Cameras up to that time had mostly been quite bulky and cumbersome, even the 6x6 and similar 'medium format' cameras. They were also limited to the number of shots, LF in particular.
The Leica utilised motion picture film and allowed more shots per roll. The camera itself was small and unobtrusive and could be easily carried in the pocket.
The introduction of the Leica paved the way for true photojournalism, war photography, street photography and the Paparazzi.

Here I'll just write the paper for you.
"The Leica was important because it was the first camera ever to support film using the tri-alkaline silver bromide sodium film. This allowed for nano-second exposures and was widely regarded as the coolest thing as bread that came in a bag but wasn't yet sliced, mostly because sliced bread was to be introduce at the 1927 world's fair. The cameras were made famous because they were used by the famous Henri Cartier-Bresson, who used to swing them by the camera straps to be used a brutal weapon in the street fights behind Magnum's Paris office when Robert Capa was bored and wanted to see a good fight. After George Roder took a Leica hit to the head and recieved a mild concussion HCB took a picture of this unconcious body and the cameras became universally known for their excellent assembly."

You can just copy and paste that all, I don't care about plagarism.

darin3200 said:
sliced bread was to be introduce at the 1927 world's fair.
Otto Frederick Rohwedder was probably the father of sliced bread. He started experimenting in 1912 with a bread-slicing machine.
True sliced bread was born in Chillicothe, Missouri, on July 7, 1928 at M.F. Bench's Chillicothe Baking Company, 100 Elm Street in Chillicothe, Missouri, using Rohwedder's machines.
Get your facts straight ;)

By the way darin, I would just like to point out the use of cliche's is sort of frowned upon in papers. Also, they are about 5 paragraphs usually :D. Other than that, stunning work mate.

Oh and Wonderbread was the first company to market Sliced Bread in the early 1930's

darin3200 said:
Yeah, there also might be a few factual errors in the paper as well, I just don't have time to double-check. :)

No, I'm pretty sure this might be acurate. It sounds to good.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back