Importing photos in lightroom..

Vinjakoladica

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a problem when i want import photos to lightroom. I know how to import, but this is problem..

This is a photo that i want to edit (raw file):
2nr0eo0.jpg

Then, i open that photo in nikon viewNX2, and change WB and contrast...

This is now photo:
2hpsuc9.jpg

now the problem starts...

I want photo with changed WB and contrast to edit in lightroom..

When i open lightroom, everything is OK, photo is with new WB:
2hz7mec.jpg

And finally, when i click IMPORT:
2pqq77q.jpg

Lightroom open first photo, without new WB..

I dont know what to do... Why lr import photo before editing?

Why not just use Lightroom to adjust wb and contrast from the start? It's easy And quick.

I know, but i like nx2 because of sharpness, nx2 has only one slider and its very easy and doing good job for photos..

2zzkdhh.jpg

24wa7mr.jpg

I suspect that the only way LR will import your file that you adjusted in another editor with the adjustments is if you save that file as a tiff, after editing then import. Like the above post, why not import and adjust the WB in LR?

thank you smoke665, it works now!

...for WB, I read Scott Kelby's, he talked about white balance and mentioned the NX2 for nikon, and i just wanted to try..

And one more time thank you, smoke!

If ACR supports your camera, I would bypass the extra step and go straight to LR. As to setting WB, I do this. In library mode select all the photos in the series > Go to Develop mode > On the first photo (or any photo your choose) go to the eyedropper>
1234.JPG
Hover over the white in the image and click. LR will adjust the Temp and Tint for you. If you don't like the adjustment you can manually adjust the sliders or click on another area. When your happy with the WB on this photo> Make sure all your photos in the series are still selected > go to synch button at the bottom of the Develop panel and click on it
12345.JPG
In the next window, click on UNCHECK ALL, then click on just the WB, and ok. All of your photos in the series will now have the same WB

I know for that :allteeth:, i only had a problem with importing photos...

...for WB, I read Scott Kelby's, he talked about white balance and mentioned the NX2 for nikon, and i just wanted to try..

I had issues early on with LR, as my Pentax K3II wasn't supported yet, so I would go to the mfg software make my initial adjustments then import, but later upgrades included my camera model. Since then I didn't find sufficient difference to warrant the extra step.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back