Impressionist Autumn Cedars

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is the latest installment of these long exposures I've been working on.

There are dark spots caused by my dirty sensor that need cloning, I'll do this once I've narrowed the field down to save doing it in all shots.

I love the effect that the back lighting gives these and I'll definitely play with this kind of light more. One of the goals I'm trying to achieve with some these is a "painting" effect, the back light helps darken the branches. It has also improved the muddy colours in the ones that are less identifiable/streaky. I'm having a hard time simplifying things enough and finding good compositions.

Thanks for taking a look!
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts :)

Good stuff. Like the last one especially!

:D -You know why I'm grinning right? ;) Anyway, these are really interesting and while I personally prefer more muted pastel colors with this type of image, I have to say my favorite here is the first shot because of the vibrant colors!

Abstract Expressionism. FULLY REALIZED.

Lovely,lovely work. Simply outstanding! Wow!

Home run. Hat trick. Triple double.

I'm going to go one step further. That first one is one of the best impressionist-style images I have seen in a VERY long time. Outstanding work!

Carol, yep ;)

Wow everyone, thank you! I think I shall bask in the success a little over coffee this morning, what wonderful messages to wake up to!!

We don't see much true creativity and artistry around here. (including most anything coming from me)

THIS is some of the best photography I've seen on TPF. Period.

I'll be back to nominate this later when I'm not rushing out the door.

Thanks for sharing these. You made my day.

Wonderful!

While the first one has vibrant colors and texture, it is almost "too balanced", too "even" if artistic balance is considered.

The second one does nothing to me.

The third one is my favorite because of the more artistic line, balance, and texture.

We don't see much true creativity and artistry around here. (including most anything coming from me)

THIS is some of the best photography I've seen on TPF. Period.

I'll be back to nominate this later when I'm not rushing out the door.

Thanks for sharing these. You made my day.

Wow, thank you so much!

Thanks Desi :)

Designer, thanks :)

Can you expand a bit on your thoughts on the first one? This is another version of it with a wider crop as well as another version of the last that I keep coming back to and liking it more each time, I think perhaps this is more organic and less "balanced" (or I'm definitely out in left field and not seeing what you are describing at all lol)

EDIT: Going to put this one in it's own thread.

Last edited:
I like... nicely done!

#1 baby!! Good stuff! Looks like you found your niche!!

Designer said:
The third one is my favorite because of the more artistic line, balance, and texture.

Yeah what he said.

Most reactions

Back