What's new

Impressionistic dahlia

Dagwood56

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jul 19, 2007
Messages
3,025
Reaction score
491
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I hope this shows up without too many issues from uploading. I have no choice but to use photobucket, Flickr won't load for me. Quick back story - I have a very low end computer, with little memory and really slow dial up internet connection so even getting photos on the internet is sheer luck; one of the reasons I haven't shared photos in almost 3 years.

I've been doing a lot of impressionistic style photos over the past year, mostly flowers and this is one I shot back in September or August.

dahlPB.jpg
 
Well, this is a bit depressing, 70 views and not one comment. Geez :-(
 
Don't look at the view counter - it tells lies! (that and it generally counts everything - your views, your page refreshes, random visitors who are not part of the site, probably google spider bots and the like as well).


Second point, I think your sensor might need a little cleaning. I can see several black spots which stand out around the frame and are a common and clear sign of dust on the sensor itself. Note you can clean these away in editing just using the "spot heal tool". Just select the tool and click on the blub with a bush just bigger than it and it will vanish!



Now to the photo itself, reminds me very much of a mishel style photo with the blurred nature and more creamy texture of the overall shot. You've also got some motion effect going on with blurring in foreground elements. That said I don't know if this one works or not. The effect itself has carried well, but I'm just not sure about the composition of the work - however as I'm not sure I can't really pin down what is and isn't really working for me (sorry).
 
Well, this is a bit depressing, 70 views and not one comment. Geez :-(
I agree with Overread, don't pay attention to the views counter. Also, no comments doesn't mean anything in particular. Plus, I think that people tend to comment less on weekends.

I really like this, and I agree that it has a mishele-like vibe, to the point that I'd say it's the best mishele-style photo I've seen – and there have been many attempts to emulate her style! The image works for me, very soft and calm, delicious pastel colours. I'd suggest considering a horizontal flip for a more fluid flow.
 
Well, this is a bit depressing, 70 views and not one comment. Geez :-(
Plus, I think that people tend to comment less on weekends.


I also hold this impression as well. Any time I make photo posts or posts in general its the weekend when things actually slow down. I put this down to the fact that many people surf the net whilst at work/commuting etc.... so their net usage is built around their work. When they are then given free time of their own they head out and do other things far away from a chair and computer and thus are not around as often during these periods.
 
Second point, I think your sensor might need a little cleaning. I can see several black spots which stand out around the frame and are a common and clear sign of dust on the sensor itself. Note you can clean these away in editing just using the "spot heal tool". Just select the tool and click on the blub with a bush just bigger than it and it will vanish!

Now to the photo itself, reminds me very much of a mishel style photo with the blurred nature and more creamy texture of the overall shot. You've also got some motion effect going on with blurring in foreground elements. That said I don't know if this one works or not. The effect itself has carried well, but I'm just not sure about the composition of the work - however as I'm not sure I can't really pin down what is and isn't really working for me (sorry).

Ah yes, I see the spots your talking about. I seldom clean my computer screen and as a result often miss these during editing. :blushing: Thanks for the C&C I appreciate it.
 
When I edit (esp on macro) I generally move the image up and down slowly on the screen. That way any "spots" which move with the photo are dustspots and any which stay still are blobs on the screen to be cleaned off :)
 
Well, this is a bit depressing, 70 views and not one comment. Geez :-(
I agree with Overread, don't pay attention to the views counter. Also, no comments doesn't mean anything in particular. Plus, I think that people tend to comment less on weekends.

I really like this, and I agree that it has a mishele-like vibe, to the point that I'd say it's the best mishele-style photo I've seen – and there have been many attempts to emulate her style! The image works for me, very soft and calm, delicious pastel colours. I'd suggest considering a horizontal flip for a more fluid flow.

Gee :blushing: thanks Federico :). And I'll have to give the flip idea a try, I never thought of doing that.
 
Cool shot, Dagwood56!! The motion has me feeling like I'm being swept away.
I can't wait to see what else you come up w/!!
 
Nice color, very soft. Make some more and create a wall collection!
 
Thanks everyone for the positive feedback. :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom