Impromptu Photo Shoot

Reed029

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just started getting into photography a few weeks ago. Mostly for band photography at gigs, but I carry my camera with me every where. I was out with a friend and he was playing me some of his band's music. We stopped at the statue of Mayor LaGuardia somewhere in the Village. After a few minutes I got out my camera and started randomly shooting him sitting on the statue.

Basically, I'd like to know what you think. Are they interesting photos? What should I keep in mind for next time? Is the color version of one better than the B&W?

Thanks!

5-22-07027b7w.jpg

5-22-07027.jpg

5-22-07013bw.jpg

hey, im new to this also. im not the expert on this at all, but a couple things i would keep in mind for next time.

1)i dont know what settings you used for the 1st one but the focus seems to be a little soft. looks like a little motion blur, so maybe a faster shutter speed so you dont get that movement. if the lighting is too low, increase the iso. unless you were going for motion, then leave it open even longer to exaggerate that effect.

2)the color one would be fine, but like most urban night shots, its washed out with yellow street lights. if you shoot in RAW you can change the white balance in post production and get it back to more natural colors.

mayhem is right. the first photo (and the BW version) are dreadfully out of focus. (and you cut off his foot.)

Most reactions

Back