In a Dilemma

ToorboCharge

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys haven't posted in a long time, had some financial issues so i had to sell all my camera gear. With that being said im finally completely out of debt, and now i can once again invest within the hobby. My gear before was, Canon 5d Mark III w/ Tamron 24-70 f 2.8, Tamron 70-200 f 2.8, Canon 85mm f1.2, and Canon 50mm 1.4. I shot typically, cars, sports, birthday parties, and landscape, mostly cars though ( wanting to get into wedding photography). Coming back into photography I find that Nikon released the D810 w/ its nice autofocus system w/ that facial detection that helps with exposure, and watching reviews it's beating the 5d mk iii. With that being said I have a Nikon D80 sitting around the house that I used and abused. What would some of you guys do? I understand investing in lenses is priority but the low light capabilities and tracking with the camera is well as you know not good for certain situations. But anyways Ive deferred away from the topic, my question is should I get the Nikon D810 w/ some lenses particularly Tamron 70-200 f2.8 and Tamron 24-70 f2.8, or used Canon 5d Mark III w/ the same lenses (will be somewhat lighter on my wallet) or Nikon D800e with those lenses as well. Thanks

What do you need continuous/tracking autofocus for? I suggest that you give the Sony Alpha 7- and Fujifilm X-series a chance. Normally I'd suggest either Fuji or Micro Four Thirds, but you're used to the 35mm frame sensor, and the significantly smaller Four Thirds sensor won't cut it. (I still love my E-M5, though.) Fuji's APS-C sensors are excellent, should suffice for pretty much anything, so don't rule them out simply for sensor size.

Fuji doesn't yet have the fast, professional-grade zoom lenses, but they are set to be released this year. (We'll probably know a whole lot in Photokina later this month.) Their prime lens offerings are superb, and will only improve by 2015 with the 90mm f/2 and 16mm f/1.4.

Sony, on the other hand, has the 24-70mm f/4 and 70-200mm f/4 already in the market, and a 16-35mm f/4 will come at some point. But the prime lens offerings aren't as fast as you may like - there's the 35mm f/2.8 and the 55mm f/1.8. ZEISS announced a couple of manual-focus lenses specifically for this mount, a 35mm f/2 and a 50mm f/2.

If you still want a DSLR, watch this video:

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Back