In DESPERATE NEED of sizing/resolution help!!! PLEASE!!!!

LR is a non-invasive program. All your edits one in LR are saved as a sidecar file. They are not applied to your images until you export. Which you did in the small size, so you are going to have to either have all of those XMP files or you are going to have to do over.

You can (obviously) process jpegs in LR, but the power is really in raw. HOWEVER... Your version of LR is incredibly outdated and most likely won't support your camera. you would have to download adobe's DNG converter. Really not a big deal.

I just paid and downloaded that and now I realize it's for PC - I needed Mac. :p I found a number to call the company about it, but closed at 4 pm CST today. Double :p Need to find something else.

Hi, Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this and tries to help me!!! I have been a photographer for over 3 years now, I started working for a studio where they taught me some editing skills in Lightroom. When I moved, I couldn't find another studio to work for, so I've been doing it freelance and I use Lightroom V2.0 (and have a Macbook Pro). Recently I photographed a wedding and I must have goofed up the settings somehow when I exported the edited photos to the disc and to my external hard drive but didn't notice it until the bride called me saying that the printed images look blurry and that when she tries to print them at Target it says the resolution is too low. I went back to check the photos and see that the sizes are in KB instead of MB. But I always delete my originals when I export the edited ones to the external hard drive and burn the disc (now I realize that isn't such a smart idea - but didn't have issues before). Is there a way to fix this problem? Can I just re-import them to Lightroom and change the settings and re-export them? Or will that just take the small photos and stretch them and make them look worse? If I can, what settings should I have it at? If you need any other information please let me know, I'd be happy to answer questions to get this issue fixed and make the bride happy.

Shoot raw
Never delete originals,

My guess is that you don't have backups either.

With the low low low low cost of memory these days, why on earth would you delete ANYTHING??????

Most reactions

Back