In reality how difficult it is to shoot a wedding?

imagemaker46

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
imagecommunications.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
If you have skills, how difficult is it too shoot a wedding? If you are not a social retard, have great personal people skills, understand how light works, and how weddings work, most are pretty standard formula. They do involve some stress, require a backup plan if it's an outdoor shoot............but really if you are a good photographer to start with, how hard is it?

Dude!

How difficult is it to do anything, once you have the skills?

All I see on here is wedding photographers complaining about how everyone is shooting weddings . I don't shoot weddings, I've shot a few, I have great photographic skills, does that mean I could shoot wedding without any difficulty? Personally I think wedding photography is overrated. I know many wedding photographers, and yes they know how cameras work, are they greatly skilled photographers, not at all, if just seems to me that weddings can be shot with a decent point and shoot. Before all the overpriced wedding people get upset, I realise the there is a fine skill set to producing "those" special images and the straight up images.

I would really rather see you help people by critiquing images, than create another thread determined to raise some hair.

I actually have some respect for you. I just wish you found it in you to be *helpful*.

.:(

I once did some (electrical) work for a world-renowned heart surgeon. He told me it was his belief that 95% of the world's population had the mental capacity to perform a heart operation. I have no doubt he is correct, save for most people not being able to get past the issue of blood & human innards.

However, being a 'great photographer' does not automatically qualify you to be a 'great wedding photographer'. I don't recall Ansel Adams ever posing a bride.

go to bed, why are you even trying to raise hell on that subject, you dont even shoot weddings and why do you care. Like you said , you have probably 40 year of photography experience, I am sure you can answer that question yourself.

I think it is more the pace, the fact other day do-overs are virtually impossible, the length of a typical wedding shooting day, and the volume of post production that make shooting weddings difficult.

So you are saying it is kinda just like being a sports photographer!

He has an amazing eye, so many of his photos are more art than just straight up wedding photos. Thanks for passing that web site along gsgary.

Photography is the least important skill in being a wedding photographer.

Having said that, the photographic skills you bring define you as a wedding photographer.

this thread is going places
bigthumb.gif

If you are not a social retard, have great personal people skills

With due respect to the changing standards in English usage and disregarding the political correctness issue, if you used retard in this manner when trying to sell me anything, I'd walk away.

imagemaker46 said:
If you are not a social retard, have great personal people skills, understand how light works, and how weddings work, most are pretty standard formula.

Are you sure that you meet the requirements you set forth? You're claiming you have "great personal people skills", and yet you will publicly use the word retard in a derogatory manner? Classy, man, classy. Yeah, you have great "personal people skills". SNORT! I am currently LMFAO off at you.

To create a plain, factual and uninteresting recording of events? Not that difficult. Speak for yourself, but that's not good enough for me.

To be constantly reinventing yourself, coming up with new compositions, new ways of seeing things and creating masterpieces that are beyond the call of duty, that make an artistic statement, that the couple will proudly hang on their walls for the rest of their lives? That's difficult.

I have a feeling that I will be posting this link with greater and greater frequency: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning-Kruger

It sounds like you are in the early stages: "oh, yeah, I theoretically know everything, it's just a matter of applying it." Later, you will realize just how involved that application is in a practical situation.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back