In search of Creative Minds! (wedding help)

visualpoetry

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jenkniivila.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am shooting a wedding in 3 weeks and wanted some of your opinions. The couple hates the stiff traditionals; as do I. I wanted to come up with some fun things to do with the wedding party for photos. I've done the 'jump' photos and the 'lift up the bride/groom' photos and they all seam overdone.

Any creative minds out there that feel like sharing?

Thanks in advance!

Where is the wedding going to take place? It could depend on your location, or setting for certain creative ideas.

You could be really silly and have all the groomsmen hold the flowers....or even have the groomsmen pick up the bridesmaids (rather than just the groom). Or if you have a busy street, find a place to have them stop traffic....literally but safely.

Personally I don't like traditional photos, however it seams most of my clients do. So you are in luck, and good luck with finding creative ideas. If I think of some crazy ideas I'll place some more here.

I did a wedding for a friend about 5 years ago - HATE WEDDINGS! lol that's just me though. Mine was outside so it was interesting lighting that was had blown highlights everywhere... but they liked 'em... whatever. I had the oportunity to have the wedding party in the lake lol it was kinda fun though. I was pretty new when I did it and wished I didn't give them the negatives... :( here's to hard lessons learned when being a newbie.

I did a wedding for a friend about 5 years ago - HATE WEDDINGS! lol that's just me though. Mine was outside so it was interesting lighting that was had blown highlights everywhere... but they liked 'em... whatever. I had the oportunity to have the wedding party in the lake lol it was kinda fun though. I was pretty new when I did it and wished I didn't give them the negatives... :( here's to hard lessons learned when being a newbie.

I am assuming they went into the water with their clothes on? That would be awesome. Instead of a trash the dress session, it would be a "trash the wedding party" session.

Thanks for your input! The ceremony location is at a camp(hah) and the reception is at a banquet hall (half banquet hall half pool hall - high end). So.. I have some fun ideas of them in the bar area of the hall. I guess there's this BIG oak tree and I'm going to have them all climb up in it. They are drinkers so I know I'll be doing some fun toasting shots and shots that incorporate the drinks.. beer castle possibly?! haha

Most reactions

Back