In search of sunset shots

wackii

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm taking a break from wildlife shots... I headed out to the beach to test out my new ND filter, but left disappointed due to filter has that purple hue effect on most of the pictures... I will have to return the Hoya 9 stops ND filter and get a better I guess. Any recommendation will be greatly appreciated. Anyway, these are what left on that day... I tried to pull out those colors from Lightroom. I was hoping to get a cool cloud effect but the wind blew all those away. C&Cs are welcome!

$Sunset-1 resized.jpg
$Sunset-2 resized.jpg

Last edited:
I dont know what it is about the 1st one but its hurts my eyes, maybe a little bright?

Love the 2nd one though

Lovely shots, I can see the purple cast in the 1st one, sometimes it actually adds something to the image.

You can get rid of that purple cast in lightroom/photoshop if you're willing to put a little bit of time in to it.

The color tones are nice in the first but the content isn't working for me. The second is much better.

I dont know what it is about the 1st one but its hurts my eyes, maybe a little bright?

Love the 2nd one though

Thanks. I kinda feel like something is off on #1 but don't know what it is. I will play with some adjustments in lightroom.

Lovely shots, I can see the purple cast in the 1st one, sometimes it actually adds something to the image.

You can get rid of that purple cast in lightroom/photoshop if you're willing to put a little bit of time in to it.

Thanks.

Most reactions

Back