In the mood for showing off

Status
Not open for further replies.
cool car. flag idea is stupid and ugly in my opinion.

I mean really? How many times have you seen a car over top of an American flag? Its not like the thing is driving over it doing burnouts or something. Its an American made vehicle that represents America's only car manufacturer who didn't take tax payer bailout money yet still reported year end earnings in the black. This car is one of the few American cars left that is well received and respected in the international car industry.
And seriously, if it were a scantily clad woman laying on an American flag would you be as offended by the idea?
I'm just saying.
As per the work and to try and not thread jack, I think you did a fine job cutting out the car, but I don't like that shadow on the front, it looks like asphalt. And bitter Jeweler probably NAILED the crop. Could look way cooler.

Last edited:
And seriously, if it were a scantily clad woman laying on an American flag would you be as offended by the idea?

If that flag were lying on the ground... yes.

The fact that Ford didn't manage to sink itself like the other American carmakers is irrelevant.

The image isn't a car superimposed on a flag. It looks to be a car driving over a flag.

That doesn't work for some of us.

^^ Fair enough! ^^
I wasn't really trying to be an ass, and as I re read it I think it sounds that way. Sorry and I'm not trying to be offensive, I just don't see it as it driving over the flag. I see super imposing. Just my .02! And as for the the Ford not sinking, that is just what I get from the photo; how it speaks to me so to speak.
:thumbup:

I mean really? How many times have you seen a car over top of an American flag? Its not like the thing is driving over it doing burnouts or something. Its an American made vehicle that represents America's only car manufacturer who didn't take tax payer bailout money yet still reported year end earnings in the black. This car is one of the few American cars left that is well received and respected in the international car industry.
I'm just saying.
As per the work and to try and not thread jack, I think you did a fine job cutting out the car, but I don't like that shadow on the front, it looks like asphalt. And bitter Jewelery probably NAILED the crop. Could look way cooler.

I see this kind of stuff all the time. And if someone posts it here on TPF I'll tell them the exact same thing. The American Flag should not be depicted in this way.

Once again, fair enough!

I guess I can see this taken more with a sense of pride, more than some sort of degradation. But that's the fun thing about photos, most of them can mean different things to different people.

sure...I'll join the bandwagon .......wtf is that?

I mean really? <snip> Its not like the thing is driving over it doing burnouts or something. Its an American made vehicle that represents America's only car manufacturer who didn't take tax payer bailout money yet still reported year end earnings in the black. This car is one of the few American cars left that is well received and respected in the international car industry.

Bolded and underlined for emphasis!

If that flag were lying on the ground... yes.

The fact that Ford didn't manage to sink itself like the other American carmakers is irrelevant.

The image isn't a car superimposed on a flag. It looks to be a car driving over a flag.

That doesn't work for some of us.

1) The flag is clearly NOT on the ground. There are no "fold" shadows or shading as would be common if the flag were half on the ground/half vertical. The "waves" of the flag instead give a suggestion of gravitational pull....thus it's HANGING, like it should be.

2) The fact that Ford didn't manage to sink itself like the other American car makers IS VERY relevant. That's something to be proud of, and in this picture the flag accentuates that pride. Granted, a bit exaggerated, but the symbolism is still prevalent.

3) The image IS a car superimposed on a flag (I take it you don't know much about "photoChopping"). Notice the reflection of the original setting in the drivers window, bottom left? Note the LACK of reflection from the flag on the car's paint? Note the shadow of the car and the shading of the flag's "waves" don't have the same angle?

How does it look to be driving over the flag? The wheels are CLEARLY not in motion, there are no tread marks on the flag, etc. Poor observation on your part IMO.

4) Fair enough. You're entitled to your opinion :mrgreen: And I'm just a political junkie lol

as an American and watching the movie sicko, i kind of like the fact that the car is on the american flag.. Our healthcare system is a joke.

Understand that this image might be saying that Ford (of the USA) can make an exotic car to compete with the European manufacturers, but I would prefer that if you have to have both the American car and the Amerrican flag in your image, that the flag is shown beside or behind the car, not appearing to be under it.

And I'll bet that Ol' Henry Ford would agree.

Seeing it like you currently have it makes me dislike your entire image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back