In The Trenches

BTilson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My wife and son were out playing today while I was at work, and I came home to a nice sand castle fortress complete with little toy soldiers all over it. I saw it as a nice photo op, so here are the results. I wound up going for a gritty, stark look. I think the treatment worked pretty well. What does everyone else think? Thanks!

1)

3486562881_0e21688e8d_b.jpg

2)

3486560923_d09d4094b9_b.jpg

3)

3487373332_07a6bff71c_b.jpg

4)

3486555919_9bdd8cfd41_b.jpg

they are just too cool.
i really really like number 4. the composition of it fits my eye. the little crumbling wall in the front of them is perfect.
these are great!

I really like the grittiness of this. Are these generic miniatures, or from some specific game? If they're from a specific game, you should consider posting them on BoardGameGeek, they'd eat them up over there!

They're just generic miniatures, the kind you get in a bag of 50 or so for a dollar from Wal Mart. Thanks though, I appreciate it! I'm going to check out that site anyway. I really dig tabletop gaming and stuff anyway.

Your images capture the feel I had as a boy playing with toy soldiers, and when my children were small, doing the same.

Nicely done.

Your images capture the feel I had as a boy playing with toy soldiers, and when my children were small, doing the same.

Nicely done.

Awesome. Thanks for the compliment!

Those are really cool shots and very original. I like them!

Thanks, Al-Wazeer and Sly677 both! I appreciate the compliments!

Your boy must be thrilled to see how his dad gave his game in the sandpit this extra dimension of putting into such dramatic photos. Is he?

Oh yea, he was very excited. He saw them while I was editing them and after I was done, and he said "Dad, you're doing a REALLY GOOD JOB!!!" This coming from a four year old was quite the thrilling compliment. :p

Wow, great shots! :thumbsup:

Great originality. Nice creative idea.

Most reactions

Back