In the Wind | Silo | Long Exposure

Cool shot. I find myself wondering how it would look if it was shot from a much lower perspective.

Love me some 10 stop ND action.

The rule of thumb I use when figuring exposure is if I can get to 1/30th of a second without the filter, then my starting point will be around 30 seconds with it. This works great because it forces a small aperture, for DOF, and low ISO, for quality. If light is limited, then I will crank up the ISO. Then I will try anything from 15-60 secs from that point. It can be time consuming and a little tedious, especially when trying this in nasty weather, which is usually the best time to do it if you're going for cloud motion.

It looked alright. I have one from a lower perspective and closer, but the drama just wasn't there. I can post it later for you to see [emoji106]

A nice shot. Not sure I would have made the same choice with composition and crop.
It's one of those shots where changes in these things would have made the shot different, but maybe not better.
A matter of taste I suppose.

Still a good shot. :)

A nice shot. Not sure I would have made the same choice with composition and crop.
It's one of those shots where changes in these things would have made the shot different, but maybe not better.
A matter of taste I suppose.

Still a good shot. :)

Thanks! Yeah, I chose to cut so much off the bottom cause all it did was distract from the main subject. It didn't add anything.

Jake

Most reactions

New Topics

Back