In the Wind | Silo | Long Exposure

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Today was a beautifully cloudy day, with plenty of wind. Which means perfect weather for some long exposures. I've been wanting to get a shot of this old silo for a while now, and today everything came together. In the process I met the owner of the property, a few fellow photographers, and accidentally laid down in what I think was the remains of a dead bird (it was mostly feathers... but still). Comments and critiques welcome!

Nikon D800
Nikon 16-35 f4 VRII
Lee Big Stopper

In the Wind by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Cheers!
Jake

Thanks Rick!

Lovely. Love the clouds stretching. Supposed to be a front move through Tuesday, I hope to get some long exposure weather shots in. The Big Stopper is quite fun to shoot with!

Lovely. Love the clouds stretching. Supposed to be a front move through Tuesday, I hope to get some long exposure weather shots in. The Big Stopper is quite fun to shoot with!

That it is. I love me some black glass!

Really nice!

Thanks! The toughest part was nailing the exposure. Since there were soooo many clouds, and all moving so quickly, some were underexposed (lots of clouds and no sun) and some were just the opposite. It was more of a "guess and check" type shoot, which is not at all how I normally do these types of sessions. [emoji5]️

That it is. I love me some black glass!
Had my grandson with me last time. I told him to bring me that Black Ice!! :boogie:

Man, I've been eyeing one of those Big Stoppers for quite some time now. All I've used thus far have been grad. filters, and at most like 3 stops. 10 stops sounds glorious.

It made this 1/30th second exposure (f20 and ISO 50) to a 55 second exposure. It's just pure fun!

What an awesome shot! I could stare at those clouds all day.

I love the creativity and simplicity in this shot. I also really enjoy that rustic feel to it while being a bit dreamy. Awesome capture!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back