mysteryscribe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
retrophotoservice.2ya.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
potatoday10a4ai.jpg

Hipparchus concluded that the intersection marking the equinox slowly crept forward along the ecliptic, and called that motion "the precession of the equinoxes. " The rate is about one full circle in 26 000 years. In ancient times the intersection marking the spring equinox was in the constellation of Aries, the ram, and for that reason the intersection (wherever it might be) is still sometimes called "the first point in Aries."
Around the year 1 it moved into the constellation of Pisces (pronounced "pie-sees" in the US) and currently it is again in transition, to the constellation of Aquarius, the water carrier. If you ever heard the song "The dawning of the age of Aquarius" from the musical "Hair," that is what it is all about. To astronomers precession is mainly another factor to be taken into account when aiming a telescope or drawing a star chart; but to believers in astrology, the "dawning of the age of Aquarius" is a great portent and may mark the beginning of a completely new and different era.

Seriously... I still don't get the potato jar thing. Sorry, I'll go now.

Rob

Didn't I tell you no one else would get the potato thing, Charlie? :roll:

Now....put down the spud....and slowly back away.... :lol:

yes officer terri take me back to the bubble....seems everything has to be what it seems lol... Bet if some 25 year old chick had done it the comment would have been how cute and it does look like ET rofl... oh its also the song by the 5th deminsion

i know that song. my dad walks around the house singing it sometimes. Is it the one about "choosing babies from a long tube..." or something like that?

BTW i like the Rev. Spud

JohnMF said:
i know that song. my dad walks around the house singing it sometimes. Is it the one about "choosing babies from a long tube..." or something like that?

BTW i like the Rev. Spud
Very good memory! :)

Here it is:

In the year 2525
Zager and Evans
Reached #1 in July of 1969

In the year 2525
If man is still alive
If woman can survive they may find

In the year 3535
Ain't gonna need to tell the truth, tell no lies
Everything you think do and say
Is in the pill you took today

In the year 4545
You ain't gonna need your teeth won't need your eyes
You won't find a thing to chew
Nobody's gonna look at you

In the year 5555
Your arms hangin' limp at your sides
Your legs got nothin' to do
Some machine's doing that for you

In the year 6565
You won't need no husband, won't need no wife
You'll pick your son, pick your daughter too
From the bottom of a long glass tube

In the year 7510
If God's a comin' He oughta make it by then
Maybe He'll look around Himself and say
Guess it's time for the judgement day

In the year 8510
God is gonna shake His mighty head
He'll either say I'm pleased where man has been
Or tear it down and start again woh oh

In the year 9595
I'm kinda wonderin' if man is gonna be alive
He's takin everything this old earth can give
And he ain't put back nothin woh oh

Now it's been ten thousand years
Man has cried a billion tears
For what he never knew
Now man's reign is through

But through eternal night
The twinkling of starlight
So very far away
Maybe it's only yesterday

In the year 2525
If man is still alive
If woman can survive, they may find......

roflmao

Since there has been so much interest in the Reverand Spuds Poster, I have decided to share the artistry of a genuine Reverand Spuds Poster. The Limited edition (limited to the number o complete idiots willing to purchase one... zero) Reverand Spuds Poster will appear on Ebay by this time tomorrow. Of course there is a substantial discount for anyone from this forum who wishes to print there own from the digital file. ER Er I think free is a good price lol.

Now for those of you who are easily confused, this is tongue in cheek post carried one step farther. The poster will be advertised on ebay to see if you really can sell anything there.

I'm an aquarian, and I slept with Dawn a few times some years back, I ate a jacket potato yesterday - is this about me?

I'm not buying the potato thing btw

Most reactions

New Topics

Back