What's new

Inbetween Vineyards

PaulWog

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 17, 2013
Messages
1,153
Reaction score
188
Location
Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
July this year, at a barn between the different vineyards we were visiting.

 
Last edited:
I like where this is trying to go. I think she gets a little lost, however - maybe try to crop a bit of the space behind her (like just to the right of the end of the barn's shadow?)
 
I like where this is trying to go. I think she gets a little lost, however - maybe try to crop a bit of the space behind her (like just to the right of the end of the barn's shadow?)

Sadly you are right! I should have shot this at a longer length than 10mm. Not sure if it would've worked at 10mm & just standing closer. I wanted the barn & everything else to stretch out quite a bit. It's already cropped in a fair bit, and there's enough detail there to crop in further... so I guess I'll repost a newer tighter crop after I edit it a little bit more.

Composition could've been nicer, but the "model" wasn't cooperative. I get to take candid shots of my girlfriend, that's it. So what you see is real, not posed. Which is nice for me and my purposes... memories. This sort of shot looks more posed though - doesn't really exude a candid feel - so that clearly changes it for anyone else who looks at it.

Thanks for the input.
 
Absolutely nothing wrong with snapshot memories.
 
Feels like I'm falling sideways, but I like the overall theme you're going for.
Since your pics are OK to edit, I'll show you what I mean...
The slant basically makes your pic seem like a candid snapshot; nothing wrong with those though (as mentioned above)!
 

Attachments

  • 15510882712_0eabfb2372_b.webp
    15510882712_0eabfb2372_b.webp
    106.3 KB · Views: 96
Here's an edit. Originally I had tilted the picture to give her a particular angle. Here's with a crop and putting the barn up a little straighter. Cropped into a quarter of the frame, pretty happy with the detail retention.

(Edited the original picture, replaced it on Flickr)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom