Incense smoke

For whatever reason, Nancy Reagan popped into my head as I was looking at that photo. So, Nancy Reagan it became.

Of the group, my fave is #4. It calms me down, grounds me, and somehow makes me feel secure when I look at it.
#1 is my #2 fave.

I wonder if anyone realizes the ones that have a white background are negative images, and the original background in all of them was black.

Another question, how did you achieve different color of the smokes? Selectively change color in PS? Or the smoke was colorful as this ?

No, the smoke was a light shade of gray as can be seen in the unedited original (#7) of Droid (#6).
Yes, I used Photoshop.

I also recommend you look at the links I provided above.

Okay, Okay...I get the hint Keith...I'll do some incense smoke photos this winter....thank you for the suggestion again...by the way...really grooving on these...thanks for sharing...

Keith, you've got me hooked. I did a bit of smoke photography yesterday and the results weren't too shabby. I might even post some for C&C. :mrgreen:

No, the smoke was a light shade of gray as can be seen in the unedited original (#7) of Droid (#6). Yes, I used Photoshop. I also recommend you look at the links I provided above.

I missed the linked but I just checked it out, I like the photoshop part. I did some smoke photography before but did not know how to add color to it, this is very informative.

Did you do some thing to make the smoke form different interesting shape? I used to fan it, but the smoke will dilute.

I want to try to photograph the smoke again.

Thanks , Keith.

I made sure the smoke was not disturbed by any air flow other than the natural convection currents the hot smoke itself produced.

The smoke itself forms the shapes as the smoke rises and cools.

Most reactions

Back