Independence Day Fireworks in St. Louis

Jabroni

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here are a few of the 193 photos I took this evening in St. Louis:

The first is the best angle I could get that included both the fireworks and part of the arch/city...

stlouis1.jpg

A photo of just the fireworks over the Mississippi River...

stlouis2.jpg

Just for fun, here's a 15 second exposure of St. Louis at night...

stlouis3.jpg

Hope you enjoy! Your comments are welcome! :)

The St. Louis 4th of July events take place on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th....they are shooting fireworks off once again there tonight. It was just more convenient for me to go to last night's presentation due to work schedules.

Tripod. For most of the fireworks, I took 2 second exposures. I found that more than 2 seconds tended to overexpose the photo some. Also, I don't have a cable release for my camera, and wanted to be sure that camera shake as a result of my pressing the shutter release wasn't an issue. So, I setup a 2 second self-timer for each shot. That way, the camera would return to being perfectly still on the tripod before the shutter was opened.

All in all, they turned out quite nice.

Also, thank you both for your comments! :)

i wanted to try taking fireworks pictures tonight..... but it's about 8:00pm now and it's completley POURING rain out....

nice shots though! good exposure on the fireworks :)

jadin said:
Your 15 second looks over exposed. Might want to use a smaller aperture or reduce the time...

Just a suggestion.

First of all, this nick (|DeZaStR|), is still the same person (Jabroni). I had a complication when I first registered, but a moderator helped me out.

But yes, I agree that it is overexposed a little. However, I only took it for grins. All of my standard St. Louis night shots are taken between 2-5 seconds, and turned out better...darker, but better. Thanks for your comments though...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back