Independence Day Shoot w/ Blair

DGMPhotography

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Check out some of these photos I took with Blair. Would love some feedback.

1. $DSC_0470-2.jpg

2. $DSC_0507-2.JPG

3. $DSC_0565-2.jpg

4. $DSC_0518-2.JPG

Thanks!

Level that last one and you have a keeper.

Even with the top of her head cropped?

number 3 is awesome! REALLY dig it!!

Yeah, that's one of the "rules." You can crop the top of the head because it forces your attention more to the eyes, or in this case, the flower. I do have it with the top of her head as well and it doesn't look as nice.

Thanks for the comments, guys!

Even with the top of her head cropped?

number 3 is awesome! REALLY dig it!!

Yeah, that's one of the "rules." You can crop the top of the head because it forces your attention more to the eyes, or in this case, the flower. I do have it with the top of her head as well and it doesn't look as nice.

Thanks for the comments, guys!

Well, if her eyes were open, I could get behind it a bit more. . .

I really dig her style. Nice!

Personal preference, along with the framing. It works OK for me. YMMV. Face is a bit dark.

Yeah, I still need to get a suitable flash, but right now I'm saving for a car. I kinda liked it though, seems sort of grungy to me.

I disagree with you on that shot. Cropping just a bit of the headdress while leaving all that empty space to the left simply doesn't work here. Also, the red spot on the wall is competing for attention for no apparent reason. Lack of engagement by the model makes this shot static. Yes, it needs to be leveled, but that wouldn't help make this a keeper.

Last edited:
I disagree with you on that shot. Cropping just a bit of the headdress while leaving all that empty space to the right simply doesn't work here. Also, the red spot on the wall is competing for attention for no apparent reason. Lack of engagement by the model makes this shot static. Yes, it needs to be leveled, but that wouldn't help make this a keeper.
De gustibus non est disputandum. And so it goes in the art world. : )

I disagree with you on that shot. Cropping just a bit of the headdress while leaving all that empty space to the right simply doesn't work here. Also, the red spot on the wall is competing for attention for no apparent reason. Lack of engagement by the model makes this shot static. Yes, it needs to be leveled, but that wouldn't help make this a keeper.

You are 100% correct, technically. I did originally crops the image to just her, but something just told me this looked better, and I like it. This is like one of those images you'd put like a quote or something on the left. At least, that's how I see it.

Sry I don't feel any of these images are flattering - 1 & 2 are strange positions, hands on feet looking down & away barely see eyes and armpits are a no no for me - 3 I don't get, tiara-mcdonals-upshot??? and #4 head cropped, no eyes, covered lips and she kinda blends into the background - lastly to me the images s/b complimenting each other in a shoot .... before you took any of these I would be curious of your thought process and what you were trying to convey. Hopefully you will just think a little more before pressing that shutter next time and
I'm sure you'll see improvement.

Sry I don't feel any of these images are flattering - 1 & 2 are strange positions, hands on feet looking down & away barely see eyes and armpits are a no no for me - 3 I don't get, tiara-mcdonals-upshot??? and #4 head cropped, no eyes, covered lips and she kinda blends into the background - lastly to me the images s/b complimenting each other in a shoot .... before you took any of these I would be curious of your thought process and what you were trying to convey. Hopefully you will just think a little more before pressing that shutter next time and
I'm sure you'll see improvement.

I almost really liked your comment until you got a little condescending there the end. I appreciate the feedback though. 3 is like the Statue of Liberty, it's a satire of modern America. As for the others, I think that's mostly a matter of opinion, I happen to like armpits.. That sounds funny. Anyway, I'll have you know that I did think before I took these photos, but I'm still learning, and she's rather new to modeling, so next time I will be certain to take your points into consideration, and perhaps 'think' a bit more. Thanks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back