Indian crafts fair - (dancers)

KunalShingla

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
there is this annual crafts fair that happens every year in feb....went there 3 times(loved it so much)....
comments from u guys....

IMG_1213.jpg

IMG_1251.jpg

IMG_1397.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1238.jpg

Nice captures - beautiful colors. I love the moment of her dress in #4 and the mood you captured in #3. I absolutely love seeing photos from other cultures!! Thanks for sharing!

3, 4 and 5...great shots kunal!
little too much sky in #6 otherwise a cool shot as well.
I see what you were going for in #2 but the big white area is just a little too distracting...maybe if you had been just a bit farter back from the OOF FG subject so that it wasn't quite so blurry it would work better for me.
#1 is lacking a central focus or clear subject IMO.

keep em coming! :D
did you get yerself a long zoom yet?

wow...i love these...all of them...

the first shot between the sticks of the drums...thats wonderful...

love the woman dancing... may i ask? she has on pants, too under the skirt, and they are held against her ankles with beads... why? do the beads make noise too...like bells attached?? and i so dig her shawl...i would love to have that...

and i really dig the shadow shot... i think you did an awesome job with all these...!! thanks for sharing...gives us insight to another culture...

great job, i think they could look soft due to being compressed by an upload service...

Jonk I can't pass on this but what is a bit farter back? What has gas got to do with it? Just kidding I make those errors myself. That's the beauty of the english language miss a letter in a word and you just went in a whole different direction. Love all the photo's but have to agree they are a little soft. Love the colours--Lenny

mannella said:
Jonk I can't pass on this but what is a bit farter back? What has gas got to do with it? Just kidding I make those errors myself. That's the beauty of the english language miss a letter in a word and you just went in a whole different direction. Love all the photo's but have to agree they are a little soft. Love the colours--Lenny
:er: .....:biglaugh:
it's a real stinker...that's all I'm trying to say...jus kiddin of course kunal ;)

Wow, Love the colors as well. Where I am at there are lots of Native Americans and they have beautiful dances and presentations I have been wanting to capture it but havn't had time. :(

I like these.

I'm kinda jelaous my parents are in India right now and I'm stuck in below zero north america.

neophyte - thx for ur comments....I shot 7-8 of those shadow photos thought this was worth sharing...and wat do u guys mean here by soft ? Others have also said the same thing....
Another thing....none of the photos r edited on Photoshop....thx

calliope - nice to see someone liking your own culture...i love the mood of this little boy in #3 myself....another reason for it which u guys dont know is that these guys perform for atleast 8-10 hrs a day with mayb 30mins break btwn their 20mins performance...it is amazing how they keep their spirits high and the mood gr8....this fair goes on for 15days so u can imagine....
loopguru- i think u shud've come to india with ur parents its a lovely place..:D

heylos jon...thx for commenting 1st of all....#6 i feel if i wud have tried to get less sky there then the drum wud have taken all the focus away...dont u think...but i get ur point bout the sky....wud keep that in mind...:D
i also had the same tought bout #2 but then both the subjects were moving pretty fast but again i get the picture....:(
bout the lens yes i am gonna buy the lens soon and from india only....i'm getting it for 10,000 rupees in india in the grey market....its gonna be niceeeeee......:D
thx man.....thx for ur info on the lens.....mansi told me....
aprilraven - thx to u too...its really nice to see soo many comments on ur post with ppl liking them so much...have another post coming soon...that series is one of my favs as thts the 1st time i've tried something like that...
now bout ur question....as i said before...these ppl perform of 8-10 hrs a day...they have to have something more comfortable and the weather is also not gr8....and the beads shez wearing do make sound but not as much as u've seen on TV mayb..those r different...but they also have music instruments which make similar sounds to them and they sound amazing...that shawl of hers...its called 'chunni' in their lingo...:mrgreen:
u or anyone else has anymore questions.....ur most welcome guys.....

tinacolada - go get some nice n wonderful shots from those places yaa...its gonna be nice....wud love to see that....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back