Indian Steam Train

kevholt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When I was in India in the north I got the steam train to Darjeeling, It was a slow and beautiful ride in the mountains, a 'must go on' if you ever go to Darjeeling.

4955875897_20b432aef5_b.jpg

4955877225_6fd781149e_b.jpg

4956470236_b8783303bc_b.jpg

Oh! I sooo wish #3 wasn't motion blured! What a dramatic shot.

Are you panning in #1? I ask because the stack is ever so slightly out of focus, but the rest of the train seems fine. The background also appears slighly blurred, so that's why I figured it was panning. It's a neat looking train. I'm partial to steam locomotives. I wanted to be a steam locomotive engineer when I grew up, lol.

#2 is nice, but seems a tad underexposed.

It sounds like you had quite an adventure. I've never ridden on a steam locomotive (unless you count the one at Six Flags, lol). I would jump at the chance! Especially the ones that do long, multi-day tours. I would be in heaven.

When I got to the station I was lets say quite pisst of when they said I had a ticket for the diesel train....but its India nothing is ever wright and the ticked I had still got me on the steem train....haha India rules!

I guess the last pic is a bit out but I just got the standad lens for my D60 and I realy try to do night shots but cant get enought light in, I'm getting a better lens soon :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back