What's new

Indomitable Life

Ysarex93 87

TPF Supporters
Joined
Nov 27, 2011
Messages
7,717
Reaction score
4,577
Location
St. Louis
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
From my walk Sunday afternoon.

After we've exterminated ourselves and taken most of the life on the planet with us, the plants will be there to start the reclamation job.

$bush_honeysuckle.webp

Joe
 
Along with cockroaches...and Cher...

Wonderful photo Ysarex. New life, springing forth from a small crack filled with the barest amount of dirt...it's a commonly-occurring and yet often-unseen aspect of modern life, and sadly, few people ever see fit to record it and bring it to the attention of others. This is a nice one!
 
Along with cockroaches...and Cher...

Wonderful photo Ysarex. New life, springing forth from a small crack filled with the barest amount of dirt...it's a commonly-occurring and yet often-unseen aspect of modern life, and sadly, few people ever see fit to record it and bring it to the attention of others. This is a nice one!

Derrel, is this a sentimental side we don't often see? I think we share some cynical views so, thank you very much for that.

It's been 3.5 years since I retired from full-time teaching. Twenty five years of a basically sedentary job left me in pretty bad shape. Two to three hour walks three to four days a week haven't taken enough off my waist measurement yet but I'm a whole lot healthier than I used to be. BUT more importantly I'm so much happier and healthier in my state of mind. I've experienced a revelation of wonder and beauty that was always there surrounding me. When my students would whine there was nothing to photograph, I used to yell at them one of my favorite Minor White quotes, "If you can't expose a roll of film walking around the block you're f**kin' blind!" Now I walk that block with my eyes open for the first time in many years -- should have listened to myself and Minor long ago --slow down, go for a walk.

Take Care,
Joe
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom