Marcus777
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- May 12, 2012
- Messages
- 5
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- Melbounre, Victoria
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum and new to Digital photography. So no doubt i will ask a lot of stupid questions so please bear with me.
Looking to buy a Nikon camera and len's to take photos of my son playing basketball. It appears that this is not easy to do nor cheap.
Yes, I will read all relevant threads in your forums but in the meantime can anyone offer some advice on what to buy.
Lens's wise. i need a telephoto lens 70-200mm f2.8. Options Sigma/Nikon/Tamron for when i am not court side and one len's for when i am at one end of the court near baseline. perhaps a 85mm, F1.8 but that might not give me the reach. Perhaps sometime a little bit longer but with quick auto focus.
Body wise not really sure. I have been looking at the D300, D700 and D7000. I think the D3s is out of my league price wise.
Currently using a Nikon D60 with a Tamrom 70-300mm tele macro lens which is slow to focus and the kit lens is useless. So the question is do i upgrade the body and len's or just the lens.
i hope i am making sense.
I am new to this forum and new to Digital photography. So no doubt i will ask a lot of stupid questions so please bear with me.
Looking to buy a Nikon camera and len's to take photos of my son playing basketball. It appears that this is not easy to do nor cheap.
Yes, I will read all relevant threads in your forums but in the meantime can anyone offer some advice on what to buy.
Lens's wise. i need a telephoto lens 70-200mm f2.8. Options Sigma/Nikon/Tamron for when i am not court side and one len's for when i am at one end of the court near baseline. perhaps a 85mm, F1.8 but that might not give me the reach. Perhaps sometime a little bit longer but with quick auto focus.
Body wise not really sure. I have been looking at the D300, D700 and D7000. I think the D3s is out of my league price wise.
Currently using a Nikon D60 with a Tamrom 70-300mm tele macro lens which is slow to focus and the kit lens is useless. So the question is do i upgrade the body and len's or just the lens.
i hope i am making sense.

