Indoor Light?

cdubsmom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So how do you take a great picture indoors? Do you need an external flash? What if there is not good natural light?

I've been having trouble getting a good face shot without having strange shadows. Or is this something that I could fix in photoshop?

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!!;)

So how do you take a great picture indoors? Do you need an external flash? What if there is not good natural light?

I've been having trouble getting a good face shot without having strange shadows. Or is this something that I could fix in photoshop?

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!!;)

You can either:
Buy a tripod, and have everyone stand still while you lug your equipment around.

Increase the ISO setting on your camera to make it MORE sensitive to light, enabling you to use a faster shutter speed/small aperture size.

Invest in a dedicated flash unit.

With a studio lighting kit, flash or window light, once you move to darker areas of the room even high iso is not going to get you great results, moody shots yes but well lit, no. H

You need to post a picture, indicative of the kind of trouble you're having. Tell us what you don't like about it, and then we can better advise.

Also, shadows can make a portrait more interesting, and, yes, much can be fixed in PhotoShop.

Most reactions

Back