Indoor / Low light issues with fast moving fish!

So although I don't know much about, or own a decent flash. I wasn't allowed to use any flash in the aquarium. I should have mentioned that.

Understanding using flashes properly is on my list, I've just not made it that far yet :)

You'd probably get the flash bouncing and reflecting off the glass anyway. If you have a local camera store that might be the place to tell them what you're doing so they can help you figure out a nice sharp lens that's affordable.

Plus some fish scales reflect light a lot which would throw off the colors.

Might be different in other parts of the country, but most of the aquariums I've been in have signs up and announcements by staff to not use flash. Even if they don't it could be an annoyance to others, and the reflections horrendous.

You'd probably get the flash bouncing and reflecting off the glass anyway. If you have a local camera store that might be the place to tell them what you're doing so they can help you figure out a nice sharp lens that's affordable.

I assumed a home aquarium. For those unfamiliar with shooting aquaria, you remove the lid and fire flash straight down from above. It is very simple and effective.

you remove the lid and fire flash straight down from above.

I'm pretty sure security might not be very agreeable to that Fred! LOL

fire a flash pressed right up to the glass..
watch your angles
you should be able to light up the fish in there

Most reactions

Back