indoor photography equipment help - flash and triggers

djemekae

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Let me just start by saying it was a mission to find a photography discussion site that does not only reside on FB

And to the issue at hand... I have decided to take my photography indoors and not just limit myself to outdoor photography. This requires me to set up a small studio that is cost effective, does the job while I work and learn and help me to be creative as is my nature.

I have done my research and came up with a basic studio setup that will me achieve this, however, I don't know much about compatibility and quality of some equipment.

This will consist of flashes who would have known? and a few small continuous lighting and backdrops. I have found some sites where i can purchase this locally and prices seem to be decent.

But i need some help or advice on the technical aspect of the flash and triggers I wish to get, running on a tight budget though. the flash I am looking at is the "YONGNUO Flash Speedlite YN460 For Canon Nikon Olympus Sony" and then the trigger system is either "Micnova 2.4 GHz Wireless 3-in-1 Trigger Set Nikon" or "Commlite ComTrig trigger T320". The later is the more expensive one but would both do the job? I will be adding more than 3 "slave" eventually to the system.

Thank you for reading

Last edited by a moderator:
being a home hack photographer ... There's plenty of threads on this subject if you want to search.
I have a 4 flash system - key, fill, hair, background for my home studio.
If I had to do it again I would have just gotten one OEM flash for dirty work and the rest would have been low cost studio strobes.

I'll search for a thread or two that I'm thinking of.

Yes, welcome to the Forum ..

What is your current setup and experience ?

I love photography .. but indoor studio stuff can get confusing .. so many options and costs and levels of quality (or lack thereof in many instances)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back