Indoor photography tips

alicefred

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello friends..
Can anyone provide me some tips or tutorials on indoor group photography especially in low light? Well, I have a Canon PowerShot S90 digital camera and I don't want images will stand out just like an ordinary point and shoot capture. I am looking for the best picture quality. I would sincerely appreciate any assistance you experts can provide.

Thanks in advance.

Not a whole lot you can do. Just try to be creative with your shots and use what light you have. Personally if I were you I would just bump the ISO up a bit, and use only a low power setting on the on board flash. But I can't tell if there is a flash on that camera.

Anyway you do it, it's going to have grain. Just see if you can process it out in photoshop.

Hello friends..
Can anyone provide me some tips or tutorials on indoor group photography especially in low light? Well, I have a Canon PowerShot S90 digital camera and I don't want images will stand out just like an ordinary point and shoot capture. I am looking for the best picture quality. I would sincerely appreciate any assistance you experts can provide.

Thanks in advance.

Unless you can attach a flash to it, there's not much you can do with it.

There is a very old accessory for indoor, low-light photography: the tripod. Many compact point and shoot cameras will give beautiful, timed exposures if the camera is held steady for a 1/2 to 1 second exposure...on the various programmed automatic modes, many cameras can deliver BEAUTIFUL results, but the majority of people will not keep the camera firmly in position, and the results will be blurry.

For people who know about photography, the solution has been the tripod, for well over a century and a half. So, get a tripod. Mount the camera to the tripod, and use the self-timer to trip off the shots. Tell people that they must hold still. Most people can hold adequately still for a 1-second exposure. Some photos will be throw-aways, but others will be excellent.

Lacking a tripod, use a table or low bookshelf, or chair, and put the camera on that piece of furniture. Aim it carefully, and again, use the self-timer to trip the shot, and thus allow vibrations to dissipate before the shutter opens. Make sure the edge of the lens is close to the edge of the table-top, so that the top of the table will not appear in the photo.

Flashbulbs were invented in 1928. Photography was invented in the 1840's. In the first roughly 45 years of photography, all exposures were done without flash of any kind. Today's digital cameras have ISO settings that are over 100 times more-sensitive to light than the plates of the 1850's...you do not need flash to shoot photos.

Indeed, if budget is a primary concern, it should be noted that table-top tripods, perfectly adequate for supporting a point and shoot camera, can be had for under $10. They fit in a pocket or purse. Before I got my dSLR, I had a great deal of fun doing close-up and night photography with my Sony DSC-W5, all with the use of cheap pocket tripod from Ritz (or alike), at the mall.

Most reactions

Back