inexpensive medium format?

There's a fuji folder (looks exactly like a Super Ikonta) in my local charity shop - looking to be in mint condition with brand new bellows for £30 if anyone's interested? They've also got a couple of wooden box folders and laughably a series 2 brownie for £30 as well. I'm considering offering £50 for the lot and then selling on eBay.

Rob

Hi,

TLR's are probably your best bet. The Minolta Autocord has one of the sharpest lenses ever put on a camera. I've had two, still have one of them and compared to my Nikon D1 is positively tiny. Not to mention a hell of lot lighter, okay TLR's take a little getting used to compared with SLR type cameras. TLR's like this are a lot smaller than the Mamiya C330 TLR series with the interchangable lenses.

The pentagon 6x6 is big and bulky, if you are getting one make sure you can get a few lenses for it, no point in one if you are only getting a standard lens with it. You might consider a Bronica S2A which is like a cheap Hassleblad. The russians made a copy of a hassleblad called a Zenit 80, plus a Pentagon 6 copy was called the Kiev-6C and took 120 and 220 film.

Had a quick look on ebay and you can pick Autocords up between 50 - 500 dollars, some with and some without a meter.

It also depends if the person selling knows what they are selling :wink: or not.

David :thumbup:

School of Photography.com

Most reactions

Back