Recommendations For Budget Medium Format Camera

I'm not particularly interested in box cameras, but the folders kind of have my attention, I know nothing about them though. What brands would you recommend I look for?

Make sure whoever is selling one that the bellows have no deterioration, pinholes, or tares because the light leaks will fog your image.

I really like my $35 6x6 Voigtlander.....

That's a perkeo right? they aren't 35$ anymore lol

Yes, Perkeo I, Pronto, Vaskar 1:4.5/80.
uzCBXRU.jpg

The Argus Seventy Five is another of my favorites. Cheap to buy. Although you do have to re-roll 120 film onto a 620 reel.
lKcyc5m.jpg

Make sure whoever is selling one that the bellows have no deterioration, pinholes, or tares because the light leaks will fog your image.

Is there any way to test this without film? I have a Kodak Number One and the bellows appear to be in good shape but we all know about appearances.

When I first saw the title of this thread I thought "Hmmmm, Budget ... Medium Format, aren't they mutually exclusive?" Then I realized this was film and not digital.

take a bright light and poke it inside the bellows in a darken room.
I have a small flashlight and also an mini USB LED lamp with a 90 degree head to shine in the corners ... which is typically where the leaks are.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back