Info for those new to photography

You're welcome.

(Oops! Replied to spammer, who is no longer a member.)

Last edited:
this is awesome for those that truly want to learn. I have found that there are people who want you to do it for them and there are people who want the information to learn it themselves. I have a hard time searching for this type of info but if you provide the info then im all up for reading and learning. I have learned and keep learning from this forum. Thanks for the post.

Thanks you very much for this post, It's been helpful to me :)

Can we make this thread a sticky? Bumping it up all the time is starting to get old :)

Experience shows sticky threads are not as effective as we would hope.

That's true but sticky threads are easy to find when we want to bring their existence to someone's attention. :D

Experience shows sticky threads are not as effective as we would hope.

That's true but sticky threads are easy to find when we want to bring their existence to someone's attention. :D

I gotta say I do agree with that. Right now I have to shuffle through my subscriptions to find a thread that I want to give to someone else.

Let me just add if you want to learn about your camera, as boring as it is just read the manual.

It helps...

I was wondering if there is a site that simply has photos with errors noted and how to improve. I would like to see what low exposure, too high of a shutter speed, etc. looks like without searching for individual posts and having to read through the whole thread to find what should have been done differently.

I was wondering if there is a site that simply has photos with errors noted and how to improve. I would like to see what low exposure, too high of a shutter speed, etc. looks like without searching for individual posts and having to read through the whole thread to find what should have been done differently.

There are pleanty out there. Here are a few I know of:

1. Top 10 Digital Photography Mistakes | Top 10 Photography Tips
2. Common Metering Mistakes | Photography How To Articles
3. Common Photography Posing Mistakes and Fixes | I Heart Faces
4. 10 Common Photography Mistakes and How to Fix Them | I Heart Faces
5. Common Photography Lighting Mistakes and Fixes | I Heart Faces

Also here are some tuitorials I found to be very helpful:

Artistic Blur
Black & White
Cross Processing
  • Cross processing in Photoshop [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] (external)
Copyright

Fun Stuff
HDR (High Dynamic Range)
Lomo

Miscellaneous
Photoshop Actions / Plugins
Picasa Tutorials
GIMP Tutorials
Tutorial Sites

Happy Shooting!

Most reactions

Back