Informal shoot, cute shot.

deannamb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just as a sidenote, I only shoot with my camera. I don't have any fancy equipment as of yet, so bear that in mind.

My good friend was visiting family here in Eastern NC from her home in Morocco so we had to do photos. Unfortunately the only good time for us was early afternoon, so it was hot and miserable and her little boy was squinty. I did get a couple of good shots, which I am proud of given the circumstances.

I need to invest in a lens hood to avoid further lens flares, I know. :)

C&C as always, appreciated.

aminedbphotor4.jpg

aminedbphoto3.jpg

I really like the first one!
i think the overexposed sun works really well.
I also like the tones and colors and the shadows

I have one lens without a hood. I will hold my hand up around the lens to help reduce/eliminate the flare.

1. There is something I like about this shot, because of the textures. Its almost artsy, but then something about it doesnt work. What that is I am not completely sure. The lens flare does not bother me.

2. This shot looks OOF to me. The shadows are also really harsh...would have worked much better if evening light would have been available.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I love those back lit shots. Too bad about the flare, but great composition. IMO, of course.

I like the flair in the first shot. It gives it character and that timeless feel. The second one seems to be out of focus to me.

Aha, so OOF = Out of Focus? Probably so, it was like trying to focus on a greased pig, so there's a good chance it's a little off.

I personally love the lens flare in the first one, I think it adds to it, but I wanted to cover all my bases. Haha.

The second one seems OOF to me???? Anyone else? Or is it just me? :lol:

nope, not you...def OOF.
but the giant watermark is nice and sharp. ;)

I love the first one it's really cute and good composition I would probably play with the contrast just slightly on the second one to see if you could fix the slight oof

Most reactions

Back