Infrared modified Nikon Coolpix 990 for sale

AluminumStudios

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.aluminumstudios.com
I have two really excellent condition Nikon Coolpix 990 digital cameras which have been modified for IR photography that I'm selling (seperately.) I've replaced the IR blocking "hotmirror" filter in each one with a piece of clear glass. They are so infrared sensitive now that they can take IR photos at normal hand-held shutter speeds and you can use just about any filter you want on them including really dark IR filters like 87C or RM90 (or the ever popular RM72 for beautiful pseudo-color IR.)

I wanted to see if anyony in the photography community was interested before I put them on ebay (in hopes of avoiding ebay fees and hassle.)

I'm asking $215 for one and $225 for the other which has a few more accessories.

If you're interested or would like to know more (I have sample photos and such) please message or e-mail me ([email protected])

Thanks!

digital flower pictures said:
Welcome to TPF :)
Could you post some of the results from these cameras (or a website)?
I wrote up a page with samples, exposure info. and stuff for ebay, I've posted it on my web site now so you can see all of the details - http://www.aluminumstudios.com/photography/infrared/modified_cameras/mod990.html

A vast majority of the photos in my web site's infrared galleries were taken with a camera identcal to the two I'm selling.

I love IR photography and am starting to modify cameras because there are NO inexpensive modified cameras out there for enthusiasts or beginners on a buget (like me when I wanted one.)

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Most reactions

Back