Infrared PhotoGraphy!!

That's why you have two bodies.

But after the conversion, you would only have one 'normal' body.

If you have a spare body that you never use - why not?

If you might ever need that other body for some non-IR task, forget about it after the conversion...

i have both, a converted one and a "normal d100 that i have used for IR black and white.

my converted fuji is from maxmax and has an additional filter that can be switched to allow "regular" shots. so basically it will do both.

If you get a full spectrum conversion, you get the best of both worlds. High sensitivity to IR, and the ability t use for visual.
Using it with a IR filter gives ideal IR use easily handheld. With a Hot mirror type filter in front of the lens it behaves just like a normal camera, but I find with mine it's quite acceptable most o the time without. Getting IR as well does occasionally change colours dramatially, but generally just desaturates the image - which can be corrected in post.

They walk again by night. The dreaded Zombie thread.

They walk again by night. The dreaded Zombie thread.

Sorry! The thread came up in a Google search and I forgot to check the date before joining up & replying. :blushing:
Don't worry - if you had started a new thread, someone would have pointed out that had you used the search function, you would have found this (or another) thread.

Most reactions

Back