Infrared / thermal imaging cameras - buy/hire?

julz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone,

wondering if anyone knows if infrared cameras are ever available for hire as theres no way i can afford to spend ££££s on one. I am situated in Belfast Northern ireland and ive tried searching for hire on google with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Julz = )

p.s. i will be going to some photography shops later to see if they can suggest something as well

What camera are you using?

You might find an older camera that will work with an IR filter. THere is a down side, but if you really are excited by IR work it might be worth the trouble. For years, before I bought a converted IR camera I did just that.

ps. there is a difference between IR and thermal imaging. which are you wanting.

i meant thermal infrared camera. i think i need a full on camera for that and theres nothing i can just add on to mine. i actually found HSS rental thermal cameras but they come with the laptop and lots of other crap and cost £360 for 3 days which is a bit excessive considering i have my own laptop and dont really need theirs but thats the only place i found that hires them out

Chances are the additional equipment that the camera comes with is needed to operate, light and use the resulting images from it. Chances are the camera itself requires specific software to operate or at least read and process the resulting photos it creates and thus the provision of a laptop along with it. Yours might well be a "better" laptop but it won't have the required software to operate things and won't be setup for it and with the software likely having its own licencing and usage costs attached its probably cheaper to have you rent the laptop with the software pre-installed than it is for you to buy a licence to use the software on your own machine.

Also if you can outline what specific situation and content you want to capture someone might be able to suggest alternatives to the equipment that you are currently considering.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back