Inheritance

Xmetal

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My Grandfather has handed me his old Nikkormat SLR that's in bad need of some TLC and i'm hoping the Film buffs here can do the usual questions for me

Exact Model Name?
How Old?
What's it Worth?
Spare Parts?
Lenses?

cam4.jpg

cam3.jpg

cam2.jpg

cam1.jpg

Edit: the lenses are caked up with Fungus, how do I get it off without wrecking the glass?

That is the Nikkormat EL. It was release around 1972. You can pick one up on eBay for anywhere from $50US to $150US. It takes the Nikon F mount lenses... you can also find accessories on eBay as well.

hmmm, I might be tempted to get "newer" used lenses than to fool with something "caked with fungus". Keep the body and maybe get it cleaned up. Like Hobbes said, lenses for this body should be easy to find, and not expensive at all, and you'd have a nice set up there. :)

Thanks guys :D

I plan on using the camera (if I can get it to work) for Astrophotography and other stuff where Digital fears to tread, I've had a look around on Ebay for F Mount Lenses but I keep finding AF Lenses :???: Is there anything in particular that I have to look for?

When you're on eBay in the lens section, just narrow it down to the Nikon lenses then you'll see a selection in the top left that separates the manual from auto. There are tons of them.

You can also take a look at B&H's website because they break it down by manual or autofocus and even have a used section.

Yeah, just be a bit careful with the lens mounts on Nikkormats, AFAIK they are not standard modern Nikon. I've got a Nikkormat and the mount is different to my FM2n or FM3a or F3 or F65 or F100.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back