Inside Shots

jmherbison

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.rockypoint.com.mx
I have a Canon Powershot G2. I am a webdesigner and have gotten into taking photos of homes for virtual tours. When I take photos inside you can not see outside. There is a bad glare on the windows and doors. Do I need a filter or is there a setting on the camera that I need to change.

Can you also give me a good website for filters and lenses for the Powershot G2.

Thanks,
jmherbison
[email protected]

The reason you cannot see outside is because the indoors have much less light than outside. When you properly expose for the light inside, the outside is going to be overexposed a few stops.

shooting interior archicture requires an extensive understanding of light.

you must get an understanding of how many different types of light are in the room (sun, inc, fluor) as you will need to match color temps.

you have to match the interior lighting with the window light in terms of exposure value and if you want an evenly lit room, you must make sure you evenly light it.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0195019199/photonetA/103-4153230-9100627[/ame]

as far as the glare issue; get a polarizer.

Another way, which would be difficult, is to do a double exposure. One with a cover over the window and a short expsure with it open. You could use window light (from windows not in the shot) so color balance wouldn't be an issue.

voodoocat said:
Another way, which would be difficult, is to do a double exposure. One with a cover over the window and a short expsure with it open. You could use window light (from windows not in the shot) so color balance wouldn't be an issue.

It actually isn't that difficult. I have done it that way but the images are just not the same as some that I have seen.

Thanks for the advice.

jmherbison
[email protected]

Most reactions

New Topics

Back