Inspiration from another photographer....(NSFW)

Travis F

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I can't really tell if this is acceptable here or not. The top of this forum reads; NO NSFW but then I see a few from time to time... Hopefully I'm not breaking the rules...:confused::er:

This is a shot that I made tonight of my wife that was inspired by another photographer. I loved the look of it so much I even tried to reproduce his signature at the bottom but it didn't work quite as well as I had hoped.

Anyway, just looking for critiques and/or comments.

Thanks for commenting,
Travis

986191159_VtfXT-L.jpg

Her foot really looks awkard ... do you have any others from this set?

I have a few more from this shoot but this was one of the two that I decided was worthy....

Funny you say that about her foot; it was quite hard for her to get in to that pose. I think she did a great though, maybe I'm partial though....:lol:

Here's one more shot without the ankle stress....

986131206_komnV-L.jpg

Ahh, I like this one better. Not too much focus on her awkward foot, and more focus on her face through her leg. Nice shot ....

Nice! Very nice! And nicely done, too!:D:blushing:

I'm referring to the 2nd one, of course.

I think I have seen an almost similar image like yours. I was trying to replicate the same pose as well but still have the chance to do it. :)

ehhh... I'm not bonding with this image.

While the pose is wildly unnatural, I think it's the lighting that's not quite there. It's better in the second view, providing more shaping.

I think you can do much more. I don't know image that inspired you or what it's "look" might be.

I think the whites were handled well.

Pretty girl! You're a lucky man.

-Pete

Looking at it the 2nd day, I like the cropped shot just as much if not more. Technically, I can't think of anything to change. The problem is, it's as much erotic as it is artistic. And I do find it artistic.

Might just not be my style... but... I'm not really diggin' it. It's a really awkward pose... on one hand it's kind of cool her leg is framing her, but when I look at the shot as a whole, all I can think of is some crazy circus contortionist that just happened to want to do a boudoir shoot.

To me her face looks strained in both of them, especially the first, and I'm not really into the way her shoulder chops off her chin. And I'm not sure if it's the lighting or the angle, but the part of her chin you *should* be able to see.... you can't really tell where her chin line is... you can't tell where her neck stops and her face begins... it just runs together.

Thanks for the comments! It's the flat lighting that is eliminating her jaw line. I couldn't really find the "right" angle to keep her chin from getting obscured. I think if I could have gotten her chin it would help establish a line up her chin.

Did I forget to mention that my wife is a circus contortionist? Most of the idea involves the awkward pose, it's not meant to look like something you see everday...;)

Thanks again

I think I have seen an almost similar image like yours. I was trying to replicate the same pose as well but still have the chance to do it. :)

Good luck when you get around to it.

ehhh... I'm not bonding with this image.

While the pose is wildly unnatural, I think it's the lighting that's not quite there. It's better in the second view, providing more shaping.

I think you can do much more. I don't know image that inspired you or what it's "look" might be.

I think the whites were handled well.

Pretty girl! You're a lucky man.

-Pete

Thanks for the comments. Yeah, the lighting was meant to be pretty flat like the first image. At least that's what I was going for...

Thanks again

Looking at it the 2nd day, I like the cropped shot just as much if not more. Technically, I can't think of anything to change. The problem is, it's as much erotic as it is artistic. And I do find it artistic.

Thanks for the comments. The thing that drew me to the original photo was the intrigue of the crop. I can definetely see how a woman wouldn't find this pose/crop too appealling but it leaves a lot of mystery for the right target audience.

Thanks everyone for the comments. They are all very much appreciated!:thumbup:

Travis

I think the photos are great and you and your wife should be happy with them.

I like the first image, very creative and different :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back