Instagram?

Discussion in 'General Shop Talk' started by DGMPhotography, Feb 2, 2017.

1. table1349

table1349 Been spending a lot of time on here!

The Origins of Instagram.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. vintagesnaps

vintagesnaps Been spending a lot of time on here!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    A lawyer rewrote Instagram’s terms of use ‘in plain English’ so kids would know their privacy rights

What I think is significant for photographers - scroll down, second bullet point under 'Don't bully anyone...' where it says 'Officially you own any original pictures...' But..... (there's always a 'but' isn't there?)

And yeah, it's for kids/parents but is anyone looking at terms to know how you're allowing your work to be used before signing up to use a site?

Daryl I think it would help you to keep working on bringing up your skill level to be competitive along with learning about marketing and business aspects, etc. ASMP just did a webinar this week - they have them periodically, you don't have to be a member, and they'll send a link to be able to watch it later. Sometimes they're about marketing and they've done them on using social media. March is about contracts, April is on copyright.

3. DGMPhotography

DGMPhotography Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    I appreciate your feedback, but I'm not sure what you're implying here... my work is certainly competitive as it stands. I can always improve, but what I have is marketable.

4. Dikkie

Dikkie No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit

There's some interesting articles on Instagram (and other social media) causing depression or other negative influences on mental health:

How You Instagram Can Reveal Whether or Not You’re Depressed, Study Says

Why Instagram Is the Worst Social Media for Mental Health

Study Says Instagram Is Ranked The Worst Social App For Causing Young People To Feel Depressed

For me personally, it triggers my compulsive behaviour a lot, the stress to always create new content and upload and 24/7 being able to check interactions like/follow/comments. The fear of missing out, and things like that.
    Lots of users think they have expectations from others, the need to deliver.
    Maybe I'm explaning this wrong, my English is really bad. Anyway, the articles above explain it better.

Yearly I do a digital detox for a month, it creates a lot of headspace.

How do you guys experience this?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019