Instagram?

There's some interesting articles on Instagram (and other social media) causing depression or other negative influences on mental health:

How You Instagram Can Reveal Whether or Not You’re Depressed, Study Says

Why Instagram Is the Worst Social Media for Mental Health

Study Says Instagram Is Ranked The Worst Social App For Causing Young People To Feel Depressed

For me personally, it triggers my compulsive behaviour a lot, the stress to always create new content and upload and 24/7 being able to check interactions like/follow/comments. The fear of missing out, and things like that.
Lots of users think they have expectations from others, the need to deliver.
Maybe I'm explaning this wrong, my English is really bad. Anyway, the articles above explain it better.

Yearly I do a digital detox for a month, it creates a lot of headspace.

How do you guys experience this?

Last edited:
The Time article was eye-opening...FOMO or fear of missing out...wow...

Hey

Lots of good points... just thought I’d give my two cent...

For me a lot of my clients who are want results with Instagram or any platform are mostly concerned with how big their profile grows.

My tip is get people off Instagram to an email list!

Using Instagram is a great way to generate leads even with small profile. When you have a list you can nurture the relationship so that you can build trust with your prospect.

If you want to sell your service or sell a product... people need to trust you.

Imagine you spend months and get to 10k subs and then Facebook adjust the algorithm... your exposure could be hit hard. This has happened in the past on Facebook. This hurt a lot of businesses... from great reach to no reach!

If you are bringing people on to your own platform. They are always your audience as long as you do enough to keep them subscribed.

Yeah use other platforms to grow but always be building your list.

This is just my two cent but hope it helps

Never been on it and never will. Two and a half year old Thread too.

Most reactions

Back