TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
5174257115_6a99608be7_b.jpg

Enjoy the wikipedia description:

Carrie Furnace is a derelict former blast furnace located along the Monongahela River in Rankin, Pennsylvania. It had formed a part of the Homestead Steel Works. The Carrie Furnaces were built in 1884 and they operated until 1982. All that is left of the site are furnaces #6 and #7, which operated from 1907 - 1978, along with the hot metal bridge.

I was stuck in traffic on the Rankin Bridge and decided to make good use of my time. So, instead of pretending to pick my noes to disgust out the people in opposing traffic, I grabbed my camera and aimed between the rails on the side of the bridge.

This shot is about 8 images pasted together by Adobe Photoshop. Because of the area, there was a giant haze over the entire photo, which I tried to clean up a bit... but then I gave up and decided if I added a little more brown it would look vintage anyway.

Anywho, I just decided to share. I'm aware they're not magazine worthy, but I thought they came out pretty good considering the circumstances under which they were taken.

A creative way to spend some time while stuck in traffic. I like the truck in the photo, to help with the scale. That is a great shot of the old giving way to a new era, I think you did a wonderful job of capturing this out the car window.

Most reactions

Back