Integrating Video in Your Photography Business

Tamgerine

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.tammyhineline.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is anyone here integrating video into their photography business? Not necessary full out video productions and weddings, but things like promo videos to promote yourself, video blogs or Q+As, or even adding video to slideshows you already make in order to enhance your product for the customer.

If you're shooting with a pro level DSLR like the Canon 5d MKii, why aren't you shooting video? They shot an episode of House with that ****, yo!

I'm considering teaching a webiner, or series of webinars, to teach the basics of shooting/editing DSLR footage in Adobe Premiere Pro and covering topics like the ones above. The goal would be to give a photographer basic-intermediate knowledge to incorporate video into their current business model. I've been editing videos and shooting photos for 6+ years now in my current position and if I can teach some boot Marine how to edit **** together I can sure as heck teach you.

So I'm gauging interest right now. If I get enough interest I'll host a short webinar (most likely on a weekend) for those interested and we'll see where it goes from there.

If you're currently editing like a boss and tricking out your photos with some mad video skills, talk about it here! Show it off!

Yes and No.

It is common (and recommended) to have a video presence outside the regular business web page on sites like Vimeo and YouTube.

In fact, this months Rangefinder magazine is the Marketing issue. Rangefinder is a monthly magazine for photography studio owners.
Photography News | Imaging and Photography Magazine?Rangefinder

I got my hard copy today but haven't had a chance to open it yet.

This is apparently the trend, at least in photojournalism - to be able to write, take photos, and shoot video. ( And now I know another reason why I didn't end up majoring in journalism! lol) I would think that would be an area that more and more photographers could get interested in doing and learning more about.

It probably depends on what you're doing, I've done sports but these days am doing submissions to juried exhibits at galleries so am not into doing video right now. But for me photography has always been a sideline, for some people it might be worth learning video skills and being able to have fun with it thru a webinar.

We integrate video into our presentation to the client. We use animoto to create a dynamic slideshow with images and clips of video either shot on our D800 or the gopro. We don't do anything on youtube though.

It's my bread and butter. I'd show my stuff buts it's all for my employer and clients.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back