INTENSE FRUSTRATION NIKOND80 HELP!!

Bright_Optics

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

To who ever may be so kind as to help me, Ive had my Nikon D80 about a year and a half, in september of last year I connected my lens and on the display is showed 'F--.' Now this has happend before and all I needed to do was detach and reattach the lens and I would be able to shoot. Well this time I keep getting this same error :(. I called nikon support, they told me to clean the gold sensor inside the body of the camera and the same ones on the lens with a little bit of alcohol and that should do the trick. Well it has not work and im feeling desperate and depressed to get my passion back on the road:er:. PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!! I took it to a shop and they wanted to charge me $141.00 to fix it, but I have a feeling they are trying to scam me :x.... I don't have to fix it and well, I was wondering if any kind soul would be able to guide me on this... this is my life, and it has come to a complete standstill after this has happend....:er:

Thank you so much good people of the fine arts.:blushing:

First off..... take a deep breath. In with the good and out with the bad.

Now, let's think about this.
· Is your camera battery charged?
· Did you hear a decisive “click” and a positive action when you mounted the lens?
· Is there any play once the lens is seated?
Right, so that’s my 1, 2, 3.

Possible fixes: 1) clean the contacts (lens & mount) with a lint-free material to remove any oily sheen and 2) rub the contacts of your lens and their corresponding mount contacts with a graphite pencil. Graphite is conductive.

I will absolutly give this a shot, I hope the graphite works.. i hope so much it does... thank you.. Ill post you on the results :idea:

Is the lens set to its minimum aperture value?

Have you performed a two-button re-set?

Have you said a prayer to Saint Iris of Diaphragm, the patron saint of Nikonians everywhere ????

Two button release?? Can u guide me on that one.... and as far as graphite, can I sharpen a pencil and get the led with a q-tip and use it like that, i dont wanna screw anything up anymore.. ://

Thanks guys :)

Two-button reset:

Nikon D80 User's Guide

Excerpt: "Find the two buttons with green dots next to them on the top right of the D80. They are the +/- * and AF * buttons. Hold them both down for a few seconds. The top LCD blinks and everything is back to normal.

I do this every time I use my D80. If I forget, I may have the resolution or White Balance or ISO or God knows what set to something screwy and spoil all my shots. I'll see WB problems on the LCD, but I won't notice if I left my D80 at ISO 1,600 from the night before. That's why I always use reset.

Reset leaves the detailed menu tweaks alone. It's smart enough to reset only the big dumb things I might have moved overnight.

Reset resets flash exposure compensations and sync modes, but doesn't reset any screwy settings you may have made in Custom Setting 22 for remote or manual flash. Reset resets mostly everything tactical, which is mostly you see on the top LCD. It leaves alone strategic items like languages, file numbering and Optimize Image settings."

Most reactions

New Topics

Back