Intensifier Filter for fall?

padrepaul77

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been out and about shooting many pictures of leaves and such, and have a polarizing filter I've been using, along with a warming filter that came in a set I got. I saw in a pamphlet that came with it Hoya also sells an "intensifier" filter for such things as leaves. I've been happy with most of my images and find the colors are quite good; I can use photoshop elements to doctor it up if need be, and can adjust the vivid color settings on the camera too. Would an intensifier help? And what filter should I use? I've used the polarizer on the sunny days and just tried the warming one yesterday as it was cloudy...going out one more time on Saturday and just want to make the colors really pop out. As is the camera (Olympus E620) does a great job though, so don't want to spend money needlessly.

Thanks!
Paul

The Intensifier works really well on reds but, it is blah for any greens. I have one bit got it strictly for the Painted Desert and, the red canyons here. I like my B-Polarizer better though.

With a little practice, you can replicate most of those effects in photoshop (or whatever software you use).

The filters that absolutely cannot be done in PS are ND (neutral density), CPL (circular polarizer), and IR (infrared).

Pretty much everything else can be mimicked on the computer (though, if you're shooting film, they are still useful).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back