Interesting Maple Tree C&C

Flems

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is a small tree I found growing in the water. It happened to be a dark windy day which I think made for an interesting shot definitely capturing the moment.

3818987099_a27bbfff46_b.jpg

Feel free to leave comments if you have any.

Thanks!

Ya know what, I like the composition. I like the colors, and I like the stream. One thing you could have done to make this great, is shoot at fast shutter with aperture wide open, even if it's a bit dark, then if you have elements or ps use the pen tool to select the tree and paste in the darker one, mind you I would lighten up the tree before pasting it in. Finally you could use a curve to make it look natural or play around with the exposure.

Ya know what, I like the composition. I like the colors, and I like the stream. One thing you could have done to make this great, is shoot at fast shutter with aperture wide open, even if it's a bit dark, then if you have elements or ps use the pen tool to select the tree and paste in the darker one, mind you I would lighten up the tree before pasting it in. Finally you could use a curve to make it look natural or play around with the exposure.

Would have been an excellent idea. Thanks!

Need faster shutter speed.

A faster shutter speed would have made for a boring exposure IMO. I had all capabilities to capture this tree as if it was still, yet I chose not to.

It's a great shot, just a little too much movement. Maybe a faster shutter speed could take away the focus of it being blurry and capture more of your artistic side..
Keep shooting!! :D

No comment.

What was the point of that post? I don't get it. If you have no comment to make, why do you reply?

To the OP, I really like what you tried to do. To me, the movement you captured with the slow shutter speed illustrates how hard the life of this little tree must be, being consistently battered by the stream. It would be interesting to see different pictures with different shutter speeds to see the effect om the moving leaves. In front of the same scene, I would have tried to isolate the tree and exclude the rocks on the side and the out of focus plant in the foreground to give a sense of isolation (if that makes sense).

No comment.

What was the point of that post? I don't get it. If you have no comment to make, why do you reply?

To the OP, I really like what you tried to do. To me, the movement you captured with the slow shutter speed illustrates how hard the life of this little tree must be, being consistently battered by the stream. It would be interesting to see different pictures with different shutter speeds to see the effect om the moving leaves. In front of the same scene, I would have tried to isolate the tree and exclude the rocks on the side and the out of focus plant in the foreground to give a sense of isolation (if that makes sense).

I definitely agree. The angle was rather tough. My tripod was already in about a foot of water on slippery rocks. I wasn't taking any more risks lol.

Also thanks to everyone for the comments. If there are any more out there, then feel free to share.

I see what you were trying to do here. I think it was well thought out, and the colors and composition are great. For me, I personally don't like motion blur on things like this. I think you get your point across, however. If you had used a higher shutter speed, I might say this would be an awesome candidate to try out the Orton Effect.

This is all personal preference, of course. In the end, if you're happy with what you got, then that's all that should matter.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back