Interesting Perspective

Modifeye

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Did some experimenting the other day, playing around with different perspectives. Notice the two different planes of view. Happy with the result!

$Christina-SittingW.jpg

It reminds me of some other photos, I think they were in a TV commercial. They might have been Canon ads. Or Nikon. I forget.

Anyway, your photo looks like the foreground was all rocks and the model lay down with her feet up, and in the background there is rapids and a forest. But for some reason, the photo is rotated 90° CCW. I rotated it, and discovered a crow! Or a raven, how do you tell the difference between those birds? Blending the foreground and background shot worked really well. But, once rotated, Christina looks uncomfortable.

This orientation switch might just work if you cropped it to eliminate the trees. And the bird.
As is, the trees and the bird are such a dead giveaway that it just leaves one wondering why the picture has been flipped.

It reminds me of some other photos, I think they were in a TV commercial.

Then there's a car commercial in which it appears that a car is going straight up, like a rocket.

Last edited:
I think the bird fails it, honestly. The trees might be okay. I do agree with sm4him that I'd like to see it cropped more heavily to look like she actually is sitting out on a ledge beside a waterfall.

I get where you're going I think - I LOVE some of your really out there creative work, but I think you either went too far or not for enough, conceptually. I know the sideways tree and bird are likely intentional, based on your other work, but they end up being just confusing. It'd be worse if I didn't already know what your usual style is.

Most reactions

Back