Interesting Shots - Ducks, Geese and other. C&C welcome

CMfromIL

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went to the park over the weekend and took some photos that I wanted to share. Park was full of geese, and ducks so that's what I concentated on.

Enjoy. T3i, 70-200 f/2.8, ISO between 100-200 shutter speed was around 1/400, f/5.6 but I'd have to check exif to be sure on all of them.

1. What the duck...

WhattheDuck.jpg

2. 3 for 1 special. OR is it 1 bird shot 3 times?

3or1_.jpg

3. In one side....out the other

Inoneouttheother.jpg

4. Is it on the line?

Hopespringseternal.jpg

Wow, tough crowd today.

Wow, tough crowd today.
Really? You didn't ask for comments or critique. I will say though, that #s 2 & 3 seem like clever captures.

Is the 'C&C Welcome' in the title not enough? ;)

Thanks for the comments. I would like to lay 2 &3 on the shoulders of my immense skill...but in reality I think it was a big hand from lady luck!

The shutter speed seems like it could be bit higher to reduce the blur unless you're going for the movement concept. :)
I like the composition of #2 :)

The shutter speed seems like it could be bit higher to reduce the blur unless you're going for the movement concept. :)
I like the composition of #2 :)

I agree, should have had it at least 1/500 or more. However my very small assistant (8lb schnoodle) decided that she had enough waiting around for me to get my settings correct and decided to rush her quarry.:lmao:

Love pics 1 & 3 especially 3. How did you convince the geese to fly on opposite sides of the tree? Pic 2 has the geese in formation flying, but the background with the sidewalk and the person walking on it, makes the background just too busy, an detracts from your image. I'm lost as to what pic 4 is? I don't see any birds, just a Red & White marker.

Thanks. I'll take a stab at cropping # 2 abit to remove some of the busy stuff on top. And they had just taken off the ground, they were only about 18" off when I snapped the picture.

#3 was just luck. I was close to the tree, birds wanted to get away so they went behind. Just managed to catch one going to the tree just as another was exiting from behind.

# 4 is a simple fishing bobber in the water. I just like how it evokes a summer feeling of relaxation and lazy time spend outside.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back