Interesting sky pictures

Kimber57

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just happened to walk outside and look toward the west -- WOW -- ran back in to get the camera!

framed2.jpg

framed1.jpg

Thanks for looking, everyone!!

I really like the first one. The cloud "pops" off the photo a lot better than in the second and the sunlight really radiates from behind the cloud as well! Also, I find the branches in the top corners of the second to be a little distracting.

I really like the first one. The cloud "pops" off the photo a lot better than in the second and the sunlight really radiates from behind the cloud as well! Also, I find the branches in the top corners of the second to be a little distracting.

I knew it!! I knew it!!! One of the reasons I posted that second picture was to see if someone would comment about the branches in the corners, because I had the same reaction when I first saw them on the screen, as well!! So I posted it wondering if anyone else would feel the same way!!

Does that mean I'm developing "the eye" for photography???? I hope so!! I've been practicing and practicing, studying everyone's photos, learning, learning......this has been so much fun!! I have already learned so much from this TPF board! I have no desire to be a professional photographer, but I'd sure like to shoot like one someday!!

Thanks for your comments!!

Yes. The first is "it".
(But drop those frames, they are even more distracting than the bit of branch in the corner of 2).
I take it that Photo 1 UNcompressed does not have any artefacts around the clouds, either!?!

Yes. The first is "it".
(But drop those frames, they are even more distracting than the bit of branch in the corner of 2).
I take it that Photo 1 UNcompressed does not have any artefacts around the clouds, either!?!

I can take or leave the frames, myself. I am wondering what is a good type of frame to use around a digital photo when sharing it -- or is the preference to share it un-framed? I see them both ways on this forum. Some I like, some I don't.

And I'm not sure what you mean about artifacts, I can't see a difference in the original or the thumbnail version, but here's a link to the original:
http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/...ction=view&current=2007_0818tylerscar0084.jpg

And here is the UN-framed version of the one that I posted earlier.....

tn_2007_0818tylerscar0084.jpg

Can you explain the artifact thing? I am not seeing what you mean.

It is these tiny dots all around the rim of the clouds, for example, that I am referring to, here:

Kimber57_framed2_marked.jpg

... and I see them even more pronounced in the one with the added frame than in the unframed one, but upon marking your photo, I also found out that you saved it as a small file (out of PS you clicked on 3 "low" when you saved it), which may also account for the building of compression artefacts. It is something independent of the photo AS SUCH, it is something that happens when you store it, mostly so when you store it for web-showing and compress it quite a bit.

Wow, you are good! It took me several minutes of staring from different angles to actually see those. Very good, indeed!! I'll have to keep an eye out for artifacts now! Amazing, I never would have noticed that!

Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back