Interview with Webestang64!

I can personally attest to Scotty's skill with development and scanning as I have sent some of my own work to him (and may have to do it again if I can't get my own butt moving on my developing back log! ;) )

These interviews with members are always interesting, though I will confess that I'm biased towards my fellow film shooter here :D Especially anyone else that started out with a K1000!

I can personally attest to Scotty's skill with development and scanning as I have sent some of my own work to him (and may have to do it again if I can't get my own butt moving on my developing back log! ;) )

These interviews with members are always interesting, though I will confess that I'm biased towards my fellow film shooter here :D Especially anyone else that started out with a K1000!

Thanks so much Leonore! I still use my K1000 every now and then. And I'm now at around 100 rolls of BW development a month for my job at Schiller's Camera. My forearms are getting a workout using that steel can/reels that holds 14 rolls of 35mm.........LOL

I loved reading your interview. 12" G.I. Joe's were my buddies in the 1970s also. I had the jeep and would sneak a bowl of ice cream in the back once in a while.

You have a very impressive career and your photographs posted here are marvelous to look at.

Thank you for an insightful and fun interview.

Don

I loved reading your interview. 12" G.I. Joe's were my buddies in the 1970s also. I had the jeep and would sneak a bowl of ice cream in the back once in a while.

You have a very impressive career and your photographs posted here are marvelous to look at.

Don

Thanks so much for the comments. Much appreciated.

Joe says Hello!
ga7Yd02.jpg

Don

Thanks so much for the comments. Much appreciated.

Joe says Hello!
ga7Yd02.jpg

Fantastic! Thanks for this. Tell Joe I said hello.

I thought of a question: What's the weirdest, or best, or worst, or most memorable photo you've seen while processing client film?

I thought of a question: What's the weirdest, or best, or worst, or most memorable photo you've seen while processing client film?

So many......I've seen just about everything you can photograph.

Weirdest- For sure are the people that hang themselves from, in my case trees, with metal hooks.
An art photographer here in St. Louis had me process many rolls of tri-x of a traveling group that had stopped here in St. Louis to preform. I must have printed 50 or 60 BW 8x10's of the performance.
Link..... Suspension (body modification) - Wikipedia

Best- Just about anything from Kodak's long gone and in my mind the best Infrared film. Had a client in the 90's that used to visit his daughter in Arizona and he would shoot many rolls of that glorious film and I would print many stunning images of the AZ desert. Man I miss that film.

Worst- Not really photographs but blank rolls, double exposed, light fogged. What a disappointment. Not only for the client but for all my time kind of wasted.

Most Memorable- Without a doubt the images of 9/11.

Fun question. The worst, most memorable photos I have seen were processing and printing crime scene photos for a judicial district in Florida that have run the gamut of scenarios. Some of the most memorable were major homicide cases that made national news. I found these photos to be interesting on a medical level and heinous at the same time. When one sees what human beings are capable of doing to other human beings, it becomes truly astonishing. From all out war, to accidents, and homicides, it is truly astonishing.

Preach..........I've seen my fair share of murders (including mass gun shot victims), autopsies, suicides.

I've learned so much about human behaver from not only my time in the lab but also studying/collecting vintage photos as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back