Intimate Monochrome

Tropicalmemories

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Fuji XF35mm f1.4

Natural light candid taken on a hotel balcony - I like the smooth out of focus areas contrasting with the sharp focus on her eyes, and thought it may look nice as a monochrome?

LRM_EXPORT_63773206027340_20190619_122547839.jpeg

- I like the smooth out of focus areas contrasting with the sharp focus on her eyes, and thought it may look nice as a monochrome

The transition to OOF is indeed very nice, and the B&W was a good choice. Theres a lot of other things going on as well. The elliptic circle formed by the hair, dress , and strap form a frame within a frame, and the OOF you mentioned creates a sense of depth in the image. Nice one!

- I like the smooth out of focus areas contrasting with the sharp focus on her eyes, and thought it may look nice as a monochrome

The transition to OOF is indeed very nice, and the B&W was a good choice. Theres a lot of other things going on as well. The elliptic circle formed by the hair, dress , and strap form a frame within a frame, and the OOF you mentioned creates a sense of depth in the image. Nice one!

Thank you!

I had some valuable feedback about checking how her hair lies - as it was all over the place in some earlier shots :)

And the Fuji 35mm f1.4 is my favourite lens for portraits. It's an old design of lens, so not the fastest to focus, but to my eyes has a 'classic' look?

I had some valuable feedback about checking how her hair lies - as it was all over the place in some earlier shots :)

You may already know this, but my DW showed me how rubbing hair with a dryer sheet takes out the static, and helps it lay better. She comes up with a good idea every now and then.

You may already know this, but my DW showed me how rubbing hair with a dryer sheet takes out the static, and helps it lay better. She comes up with a good idea every now and then.

Good suggestion!

I didn't know that - but makes sense as those sheets help to reduce static in the dryer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back