Into the Blue

Mapinguarify

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This one wasn't staged. We just drank beer in pub, a day or two after I bought this Helios. And I was showing her some pictures and I just decided to take a shot, she didn't knew I was photographing her at that time. So yeah, it's bit underexposed, but I honestly believe that that adds to overall feeling and whole pub scenery and that in this case is good for atmosphere of photo.

Canon 1100D + Helios 44M-4
skotowowforum.jpg

Sorry mate, it's just way too far underexposed (I recon near 2 stops). I don't like the position of the hand and the cigarette either, it's too near her nose IMO. The smoking and no eye contact and the shadows on the face I do quite like though.

This has some potential ... but a tad too dark for my tastes. I'd lighten it a bit, toss in more contrast and go B&W ... just to see what happens.

This has some potential ... but a tad too dark for my tastes. I'd lighten it a bit, toss in more contrast and go B&W ... just to see what happens.

+1

and go B&W ... just to see what happens.
I'll try everything you said except this, I like that smooth contrast between her reddish hair and blue sign.
The main problem with this one is it was shoot in really dark pub, and with this equipment it would be suicide to try to use ISO1600, 800 is max that looks ok. I'll see what I can do. It never meant to be portrait, I saw it more like atmospheric picture, more like street photography than portrait, but yeah, it's too dark, I agree. It should be ok to lighten it, cause this image is directly from camera, no post processing. :)

Thanks for all comments, I'll see what I can do with this one. :)

Most reactions

Back