Into The Smoke - Scanned Negative

pendennis

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yesterday, my friend on the "Brown Truck" delivered my new Epson V850 scanner. After getting it connected to my dedicated desk top, I've started test scans of medium format and 35mm slides and negatives. I ran across the negatives from the first auto focus camera, first roll through it, from 1987. The camera was an SF-1 and Sigma 28-70mm. The film was Ektacolor.

I saw a lot of smoke in the distance, drove straight to it, and got there the same time as the firemen from the Detroit Fire Department. It turned out to be a tire fire, and lots of smoke.

Other than the basic scan controls, I took the TIFF file to Photoshop Basics v15, and did a bit of editing. It really needed a bit of highlight editing because of detail blowout from the smoke.

Into%20The%20Smoke%20-%203_zpsyog0wlyy.jpg

It's always neat to see older film images, brought to life by scanning. At the bottom of the frame--are those parts of the "steel belted radial" tires?

It's always neat to see older film images, brought to life by scanning. At the bottom of the frame--are those parts of the "steel belted radial" tires?
Yes. While I was following the firemen, I had to take great care in not getting my feet tangled in those belts.

Most reactions

Back